Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A few thoughts.

When I started this blog I just thought it would be a fun place to collect and share my favorite things. As I blogged for a few months the allure wore off, and I got lazy, and stuck to just recording a few thoughts, and some family memories.

Then I started to get a little self-conscious, thinking...what if I am misunderstood, or sound whinny, or sugar coat things.

But hey, so what! I just write the things that I want to remember and think that one day my family will enjoy looking back on. The day to day things that otherwise would have been forgotten. Writing also helps me put things into perspective, and I think opening up is good for my soul :) I love this time of life and don't want to forget a moment of it, even the less than perfect moments. I don't know why I am saying all this, but that is the beauty of it...I can say whatever my little heart desires and I shouldn't worry what other people think.


I came across this post and thought I would share... Just some interesting thoughts. Common sense really, but she puts it so well. I love the line at the end where she says:

"U be U. I'll be me."

I have thought those same things about others blogs before...that they "have it all" but there is no such thing. We all have "issues" big or small, or small that may turn into big, or big that will get better and turn into small...but they are there....always. Just gotta love where we are at, right at this moment.

4 comments:

  1. Steph, I love your blog and I think you do a wonderful job expressing yourself. You are a great mother, wife and friend. Thank you for sharing your everyday life experiences with all of us. I know I have learned so much from your great example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your thoughts and you inspire me as I watch you determination. Your a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Steph, let me just say how I love your sincerity. Seriously. I love how you express yourself in complete honesty, no matter how simple or daunting the topic is. I, too, get self-conscious at times about what I post, but just putting it out there - writing it down, usually seems to do the trick. What a wonderful bonus it is to have such great people that are willing to assist us through life's journeys. Your willingness to open up not only helps you, but strengthens others. Thanks. *

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your blog because you express yourself so well and you either make me laugh, or inspire me:)

    ReplyDelete