Last weekend I was able to go to down to Bryan Head with an amazing group of women for a Retreat. It was an absolutely incredible experience!! It was held at a Lodge that was tucked back in the gorgeous snow covered mountains. We took advantage of the snow and sunshine combination, and went snowshoeing everyday. To hike up to those peaks, find a little spot all my own, and look out over the valley and just have time to reflect and prioritize was among those moments I will never forget.
We learned about: Body, Nutrition, Relationships, Companionship, Time management, Spiritual growth, Improving our own Environment, Parenting, Coping with Stressful Situations....I gained so much from this weekend I am just completely overwhelmed with gratitude!!
While we were there we did a lot of mapping out goals, and dreams. One of the points that really hit me hard was the challenge to set my standards higher than anyone would ever dare ask of me....to expect greatness out of myself....to exceed my own expectations, and that I have been given a voice...so I need to use it! This does not mean that I will never let anyone down...it means that when I do I will not fall into self-pity, blame, or guilt. I take it as a lesson, an opportunity, and step up a bit....or a lot.
In one of the exercises I was asked to write what my purpose is in being.... STEPH. I love this question, I feel like there is so much power behind it! I am planning to keep working on this...changing it....growing it....fine tuning it. This is not a description of where I feel I am at, but rather a description of a level where I feel I am meant, and working to be. This is what I have came up with so far:
I am here to be refined! I look at trials, challenges, and resistance as opportunity- this is my purpose- to grow myself! I am here to become what my Father in Heaven has created me to be. I am loving, kind, brave, and strong. Nothing holds me back! I pull those that surround me to a higher ground with me.
I care for my body in a way that aligns with my values. My body is a gift that I cherish...I continue to feed it... move it, to help it grow stronger, fueled with energy; a vehicle to serve and love. I am aware that my body houses my spirit...which is the TRUE me. My body reflects my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with this gift! I refuse to let my body hold my spirit back from what it is meant to become.
I utilize the Atonement daily. I let go of past mistakes, weaknesses, and false limiting beliefs about myself, because through the Atonement I am allowed to do so. I am expected to do so. In letting go, I am able to move forward with freedom. I am at peace with who I am....and by feeling at peace with myself, I give myself permission to grow to a level I never thought possible. I am a daughter of God....there is nothing ordinary about me or those I am surrounded by....we are ALL precious children of our Father in Heaven, this knowledge comes with great responsibility, to unconditionally love, serve, and learn from everyone I meet.
I am so grateful for this life's experiences, and have chosen to let go of the fear of what lies ahead, and instead anticipate, and make the most of it. I know that God has my back...he will take care of me. Whatever he has in store for me is for my benefit. I trust him, and know that everything that occurs in my life is done out of love for me personally. I am never alone! I am never alone. I feel his presence in my life daily and I am more aware of it, the more time I spend in scripture study, prayer, and quiet meditation.
I can do anything I set my mind to. I will prepare, learn insatiably, and head in the direction of my dreams. As I ask for doors to be opened, God will provide opportunities where my unique gifts and personal strengths will pave a road to personal fulfillment.
He has trusted me with three of his most precious souls. I am here to be their guide...not to control, or manipulate into what I feel they should be; but to teach them, ask God to make up for my shortcomings as a teacher, and then trust them...give them space to BE. They are blessed with their own unique gifts. What may seem like a mistake to me, may be an experience that they need to have for their own growth. I build them up by praising theirs efforts...praising their individual worth. By showing unconditional love, and by being fully present, they will learn to trust me....rely on me as a confidant in times of need. I listen to them....really listen to what they are saying. I seek first to understand....not to be understood.
Joe is my greatest blessing! I love him, I trust him, he is my hero!! I continuously work on loving him at a higher level by serving him without expecting anything in return. I ask the right questions to always make sure we are connected and that I am understanding his world and his needs.The communication lines between us are ALWAYS open. I listen without judgement. He wants nothing but the best for me...any resistance that arises between us is just to help us grow closer, and have a deeper love and respect for each other. I am armed with the knowledge of his love for me and that he loves me just the way I am. I am enough, and I never doubt that. My standards for myself are so high, that anytime he is let down or disappointed in me, I just take it as message of an area I get to focus on and improve, to meet my own standards for MYSELF. I exceed my own expectations. I am deeply grateful for the strengths that Joe possesses that balance out my weaknesses. I am a better person with Joe in my life.
Steph I love that! Very well said! You are an amazing person! I really admire you so much! You definitely have a glow about you that extends to others and I am lucky to know you:) I'm so glad you were able to get away and recharge- good for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Alayna!!! Right back at you!!
ReplyDelete