I know I have been bad...please forgive.
I like you. I do.
You are so good for me. You clean up my head....I dish....you take....and WhaaaaaLa! I feel like a new woman...with a brand new perspective.
I want to share with you...it is just I have stuff going on you know?
And since you are just my blog...I knew you wouldn't be offended ....I knew you would just wait patiently for me to get my act together.
I am getting there! Last year was a bit tough...nothing big...I just let my emotions get the best of me from time to time. I know, I already told you...but I felt a little overwhelmed with life. Not quite adequate. A little like I wasn't living up to my potential as a mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister. I gave every role a little...but not enough....
So I have been soul searching.....and guess what? I AM ENOUGH!!!!! I am Steph Hurd and I am enough. :) (no I do not say that in front of my mirror...but now I just may start) I am actually better than enough...MORE than enough...I am a daughter of God. I have always known that...but I am a daughter of God, he knows who I am....he knows my potential is limitless (amazing) and he wants to do everything to help me reach unimaginable heights. The problem was, that I was trying to deal with too much on my own...I forgot for just a bit that he needed me to ask for help before he would reach out. (Can you tell it became REALLY personal over the past few months?)
Well dear friend....I am back...I may be few and far between....but I need you. I love to reflect on this beautiful life I have been blessed with. Inadequacies and all....this is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL LIFE! The challenges are opportunities to rise above...tap into parts of me I didn't even realized exsisted. The simple everyday moments touch my heart (like when Corinne tailors her "pretty pleases" to whoever she is talking to- ie. I am "pretty please with butterflies, flowers, or pink hearts on top", Joe is "pretty please with ice cream, or hugs and kisses on top", the boys are "pretty please with Legos or race cars on top"). YES! I am overwhelmed with how beautiful this life is. I want to drink it all in, and record the moments that mean the most to me.
So, I am feeling really great. I think I needed last year to be a bit of a low so that I could really look forward to the future and THRIVE....not just survive. I am going to treat myself better....treat the people I love better...and treat the people I can't stand better.....HA! No, those people are on their own (kidding). Really, I am kidding. There are no ordinary people. What is that quote by C.S. Lewis....hold on I will look it up...
"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship.... There are no ordinary people." C.S. Lewis
Now if THAT doesn't make you think...
Oh yeah, I have been reading......A LOT..... I mean A LOT....and it has helped me ditch my little " pity party" I was throwing, and helped me decide to get to work. I am working on myself... I want to be better...more...but at the same time I love me just the way I am. If I never changed another thing about ME....I am happy. Happy with life, happy with my family, and happy with who I am.
Now that doesn't mean I want to stay where I am at!
What is the fun in that?
It just means I have every intent of being HAPPY every step of the way (I am allowing myself "moments", but hopefully they will become few and far between) and enjoy the process of becoming more of what my Father in Heaven sent me here to become.
Well, okay then blog, I told you I needed you :) I have so much more to share....even if it is just you and me...I think by writing this all out I may just save Joe's sanity :) Hooray for sane husbands!!! :)
I am going to share a thought that has really inspired me:
Oh Steph, this post made me laugh, cry, miss you, love you, and most of all it made me adore you more than I already do. You hold a torch in my world. I only dream of being half the person you are. I hope you see yourself the way others see you. You are truly AMAZING!!! I know we all struggle at times, but thank you for sharing such a touching post. I think of you often, and hope that you really remember that you are Steph Hurd and you do amazing things every day!!
ReplyDeleteNicole! That is seriously one of the nicest things! I just love you :) Thank you. Honestly, thank you. I feel the same way about YOU...you are an awesome example to me....I am so blessed to call you my friend. I didn't know if anyone would still check this...hahah... I am going to get updated on your blog here soon...now that you are no longer on fb I need to see what you and your darling family is up to. Loves to you and your family!!
ReplyDelete