Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yeah, we camp.



Here is a little story about us. Once upon a time we went on a camping trip with some friends. Jed was a year and a half. He did not sleep...like at all! He may have totaled four hours the first night which was much better than the two that Joe and I got. It was not fun (the no sleep part, we were in great company). That occurrence traumatized Joe, so much so, that we haven't been on an overnight camping trip in a tent since. So Sad!

Well this July we broke our curse, and had a wonderful time camping with my family!




Uncle Jed told "Fur Trader Jack" stories around the camp fire. I am sure glad we had Indiana Jed, and Indiana Ben there to protect us!


This is how Gage and Beau spent their time:

My Mom got sick the night before we left so she missed the first day, but being the amazing woman that she is, she sent pre-cooked dinners, and crafts for the kids. Thank heavens she was feeling better by that night and came and joined us. We so missed having Matt and Jen there, the bug hit their house as well.


These two quite like each other:


We took all the littles to Minatonka Cave, there was a two hour wait to get in. We had a lovely picnic in the parking lot and Erin and Bryce turned their vehicle into a makeshift nursery with movies, books, and crosswords. Smart.


It has been an extremely busy July, we have been going, going, going...and I have loved every minute of it. We just finished up Swimming lessons, Joe and I have a half-marathon on Saturday and then I leave for girls camp on Monday, fun stuff.

I do have to say that the kids are getting to that point of the summer where they are really starting to get antsy...if every minute of their day isn't filled they start fighting or laughing (which is actually worse because this means they are out of control wild) if you know my boys this makes total sense.

Anyway, I had one of those "less than wonderful Mom days" today. Ugh. Seriously, I feel like I was on their case from the time they were up until the time they went to bed. Not a good feeling. I am going to remedy this problem tomorrow with a much more structured day and a much better attitude.

5 comments:

  1. We all have those days, the end of summer is rough on everyone. So glad the camping trip was successful because now we can do it again. It was way fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pictures of your family. Sounds like camping was a hit!! Glad you had fun. I hope you make it through the rest of summer without too many fights. The pool is a great place for all of us at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that camping trip so long ago, it is a shame you gave up, but I am glad to hear you are back at it, it is really fun and great memories are made camping!
    I hear you with the end of summer stuff. I have a great day planned that ends at like 2 and they fight every minute after that. I just cant figure it out, thank goodness for our pool, it has also saves my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time - and joined us for some day camping. Your such a great mom - I'm always looking up to you and thinking of what steph would do - don't be so hard on yourself! Good luck at the marathon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great camping trip!! And Fur Trader Jack are good ol' stories!! Cute pictures of the kiddos:)

    ReplyDelete