A little before 6:00 a.m. Jed and Gage woke up SOOO excited to start the day. Grandma Hurd had decorated a float for them to ride on with their cousin's, and I could not get them to settle back down, so around 7:00 they rode their bikes to Grandma and Grandpa Davis' for breakfast and then my Dad dropped them off at the float. I didn't even get to see them in the parade :(
At 10:00 a.m. my Grandpa Thompson was in his community parade, he was asked to be the Grand Marshall, and this was something I COULDN'T miss. Joe was feeling a little better by this time and Cori was still asleep, so me and the boys headed down to the parade with my parents.
I am telling you, this one small part of the day made this my favorite 4th of July EVER- and this is coming from a girl who loves the 4th!


My Grandpa is a "Salt of the Earth" kind of man...who doesn't like attention but when his grand-kids and great-grand-kids started cheering, and yelling his name, that smile is one I will not forget! What a great man, and to see him recognized as such was so touching.It was heaven down there, small, simple, and relaxed. I enjoyed visiting with my Aunt's, Uncles, and cousin's while the kids played.
This obstacle course was Awesome:




The boys did not appreciate the noise from the Fire Engine:

The boys swam at my parents while Joe, Corinne, and I, made up for all the lost sleep the night before. Joe and Corinne felt so much better after they slept it off, that we went and hung out at my parents and then went to our friends Smokehouse BBQ. We let the boys stay up and watch the fireworks in our front yard, and that was that. Not the way I would have planned the day to go (with the sickness and all) but definitely some great moments to remember.
I am SO sad I missed warrens parade! He looks so stinkin cute.
ReplyDelete