Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I knew this day would come...

A love of motorcycles runs through the Hurd's veins- well the Hurd boys anyway- so I knew full well, that one day our boys would learn to ride, I just didn't know one of them would only be FOUR years old! Gage has been helping Joe fix up this old 50 and Joe told him when they finished he would teach him to ride it. Well, the day came, a little instruction and off he went, totally excited and a little nervous.



He did Great! I was really proud of him. When he was done he jumped off the bike and kept repeating things like:

"Dad, you're the best Dad in the whole world!"
"Mom, you're the best Mom in the whole world!"
"I have the best family in the whole world!"

I think he had a little adrenaline going...but if this is what a motorcycle ride does to him they can't be all bad...right?

Jed was at school during all that excitement but he definitely got his chance when he got home. I didn't get as many pictures because I was trying to man the camcorder at the same time, and make sure all the kids were out of the way. When he took off it was hilarious to see Joe running along side of him, his cousin Ben and Gage close behind and then a good 15 sec. behind that Cori running her little heart out to catch up.


Man, these are the days...

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!!! I can't believe how big your boys are getting. How fun to get to have such fun BIKES! (and, I think I am somewhat 'back' to at least posting some pics... so don't give up on me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh, talk about freak out time!!! I hope you guys have good insurance, Isn't it required when your last name is Hurd? Ha Ha!!! They are so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete