Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ready to Fly.




What is my deal?

I am in a rut.

I came across this picture that I took a month or so ago and I thought...
This is exactly how I have been feeling.
I have all I need to take flight and be my best self -
I just can't seem to get off the ground.

I have been at war with myself lately, fighting a few internal battles.

I try to go easy on myself... I really do. In fact, Joe tells me he is jealous of my ability to laugh at the stupid things I do, and easily forgive myself of my shortcomings (hmmm, I always took that as a compliment, but as I write it out...now I'm not so sure, Ha, Ha.)

Sometimes those, "I can't do it all, and do it well." thoughts are just so persistent and pesky.

I loved, loved, Pres. Monson's talk from Women's Conference about judging others. I really try not to judge others of their shortcomings (sometimes I fail ) but I do have the tendency to forget that EVERYONE has battles they are fighting, or just fought, or will fight. It is easy to look at some and think they have got it easy, but I know better...everyone has things that they are dealing with, that may not even be visible to the naked eye, uninformed mind, or out of tune spirit.

Right now we are poor, it seems like my responsibilities around the house are never ending -and many times unappreciated, at times I have three kids crying/whining at once, I struggle (and always will) trying to stay at a weight that I am happy with and love myself just the way I am, I often second guess my decisions as a mother, and would love to have more time to spend one on one with Joe.

As I make that list, the thoughts that follow are:

We have a steady income, comfortable home, two vehicles, and plenty of wonderful food, I have a healthy body that allows me to clean the house, work in the yard, volunteer at the elementary, play with the kids, run, and wake up without pain or illness each day. I do like the fact that I worked hard to accomplish my weight goal and am determined to do even better, I am thankful Joe and I are able to make decisions together for the kids well being, and we have wonderful family, and a community, to help us raise these special little souls. I have the privilege of being surrounded with my favorite and may I say- quite amazing people: Joe, Jed, Gage, and Corinne.

Now, that is more like it.

Life is good.



For each new morning with it's light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy goodness sends.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

  1. I love this post Steph... I agree with every word you just said! I feel like you just said aloud my thoughts. I just love you, I think you are such an incredible person and one amazing mom! So many times I find myself looking at others and "wishing" to be able to be more like them- well, to me- you are one of "those people". :)

    Thanks for your thoughts... loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Kim's comment. So many of us want to me just like you Steph. You are one beautiful lady. I wish you could see yourself the way the rest of us do, you are truly one amazing lady. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for pourimg out your deep-rooted thoughts. It is amazing how different people can be on the outside, but inside the majority of us think the same thoughts. I find myself comparing my life with others, but find that it does no good. There are too many blessings in my life, so why want something that someone else has been blessed with? Thank you for the uplifting comments, that help re-focus my sight to the small and simple things, the best things in life. *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! You are amazing Steph. I'm constantly feeling like you do. I wish we weren't so hard on ourselves. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and helping me realize the blessings I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy. I have felt the same way lately. I feel like I will never be what I should be. I have been having a lot of stuggles as you can tell from my blog. I look up to you so much and I love to read your blog because I feel as though someday I might be half the women you are! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great post (where have i been??). Your an inspiration, and its so good know that we aren't alone, that most of us deal with the same things, its just what we decide to do with them, your a good, woman, friend and mom! Great example to me.

    ReplyDelete