Wednesday, March 31, 2010

GOOOOOAAL!

January 1st goal: lose 20 lbs. by March 31st
As of this morning I have lost 22lbs. I easily get side tracked from my "fist of the year" goals but I think it really helped by keeping track of my progress on here (accountability is something I was lacking). I have also learned what works for me, I really think it is different for everyone.

What worked for me:

I really LOVE going to the gym- it is my out. What I don't love is hauling all the kids along with me, and I would have to go at 5:00 in the morning to be home in time for Joe to leave for work if I went without them- now, that is not happening. This time I stuck to my short Jillian Michaels DVD. When I was going to the gym I could only justify taking the kids a few times a week (or at least that is all I had the energy for) this DVD is so short I told my self there is NO EXCUSE to not fit it in 6 days a week.

The eating part has always been where I struggle, and that is the most important part. I have always known that I am not the type that can go hungry (you could ask Joe- but you would probably get an earful). I have to make sure that I eat a lot of vegetables along with my meals to fill me up so I won't start snacking on junk. I like vegetables but I am talking I have a V8 with breakfast, asparagus with lunch- and sometimes a salad, celery sticks in between, and Brussels sprouts or green beans with dinner.

I also found out that I can't have that first bite. I allow myself one -all out dessert- once a week and the rest of the time I replace the naughty stuff with my safe treats. I usually don't miss it if I pass it up, but if I tell myself I will just have a little...it is all over!! I found treats that I like to replace the things that trigger me to go wild. I now have this addiction to the Natural Black Licorice they sell at Costco. Weird??? I am telling you it is SOOO good. It is easy to pass on something when I know I can go home and have a little reward for being good. Still have that pesky problem with portion control- even with the Licorice. Joe hides it and I tell him how much I want and he gets it for me. I got in to "the secret stash" the other day, and then got scolded. Hilarious!! Hopefully after I have been doing this long enough I will be able to trust myself...but for now this is what works for me.

Now I have to learn how to keep it off...FOREVER!!!

Check out this blog...this lady knows how to write. I found it very inspiring.
fittothefinish.com

7 comments:

  1. Way to go!! You really have been so determined and it totally paid off. You look amazing!!!

    Happy birthday to Gage. I can't believe how grown up he is.

    I also loved the Easter thought just hadn't gotten around to telling you so. It helped me remember why we celebrate Easter. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are amazing!!! (I didn't think you had any pounds you needed to lose) You inspire me to be fit and to have motivation for the baby weight I will need to lose this summer and fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have noticed how much weight you have lost. I looked at you on Sunday and thought how good you looked. Props to you for achieving your goal weight. Don't you feel so much better about yourself? Life just seems better? I know that I will never be 110lbs again or even 120lbs, but I just feel better about myself, and that is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on reaching your goal! Sweets are the thing I struggle with the most. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Steph. Really. What a great feeling of accomplishment, huh? I'm proud of you! *

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you! I know what a struggle it is (for me) so I know how hard you must have worked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing!! Way to go! I really like the idea of hiding the stash! It is brilliant! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete