Monday, February 15, 2010
Learned or Born with It??
It is both -right?
I have wild boys...I just do...and I am fully aware of it.
When I was pregnant with Jed I used to joke that he was going to be a gymnast, he never stopped moving inside me, never. Flips, kicks, and jabs. And he came in to this world ready and rearing to discover EVERYTHING out there. Very adventurous, very mischievous. I am serious- from day one, that child has been a hand full (a very much loved and needed hand full- with a very good heart).
Gage on the other hand, is the opposite. Quiet, more cautious, very thoughtful and affectionate. For example: from the time he mastered the art of talking, everyday when Joe got home, he would stop whatever he was doing and RUN to give him a hug and would follow up with this question: "How was your day Dad"? It melted us, and still does. Now this boy is no wimp, he has always kept up with Joe and Jed- quiet impressive actually- he just has never been the one to start the trouble.
They will both always have these dispositions but a few things have changed. Jed has definitely mellowed, and Gage has revved things up a bit. Some of this is just the stages they are in, some of this is older brother teaching younger brother the ways of the world, and some of this is because we have been more laid back with Gage. He just hasn't really needed the discipline as much as -uh um- his brother... until now.
He had a DAY yesterday. I wont go into it, but I was emotionally exhausted last night. He fights for attention at times, and sometimes it makes me sooo sad what he will do to get it. I try to give him loads of love and attention, one on one time and such, but with a baby (that is quite a bit of work all by her lonesome) and a brother that gets attention with school, sports, and those things that Gage is not old enough for yet, sometimes he really does have to make himself known.
Just venting, I guess. Love 'em all so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


gotta love em - don't ya. I think they can all give us a run for a money in one way or another - its just a matter of how we deal with it - not so well for me most days - but i guess we just try harder the next. Good luck - hugs!
ReplyDeleteSo funny. My older boys are just the opposite. Zack is so calm and obedient. Derek is Mr. Mischief 90% of the time. And he is definitely more active and loud. But they both have their moments of personality switching.
ReplyDeleteOh Steph, this sounds like a day in my life! We really need to get together!
ReplyDelete