Thursday, February 18, 2010
Back in Control
I was kind of a downer the other day and just couldn't leave that hanging.
The Proof:
Even if Corinne did disturb life as Gage knew it, they really are good buddies- most of the time.
Gage and Cori as a Wee Babe:
It always seems like you complain about something, then immediately after you say it, things turn them self around. So, I felt a little guilty complaining about Gage's behavior when the very next day anything I asked him to do was "sure I will", "you bet", or "of coarse"- I am serious. He was so eager to please me all day (I think he knew how upset I was with him the day before). He also told me I looked gorgeous -this was immediately after I blow dried my hair, and before I had straightened it...if you want to talk FRO you are thinking along the right line- but hey, I take a compliment when I can get it.
Plus, I tend to forgive anyone who tells me I'm gorgeous.
The Weight Loss:
I am feeling pretty darn good this week. I am down 11 lbs., I still don't think it is too noticeable to anyone but me (Joe does give me nice compliments, but I think he is just trying to help me stay motivated), but the point is that I feel good, really good. I am finally back to pre-pregnancy weight but I want to keep going.
The best part has been regaining control of my choices. I get this little high when I am able to resist something I normally would have devoured. And if I really want something, I have it, then try to eat really well the rest of the day. It hasn't been too bad, I think starting is the hardest part for me, getting my head to that place... that obedient place where I am actually conscious of what my choices are doing to my body. Anyway, that is that...it will never be OVER...this will always be a struggle for me, but I am up for the challenge :)
I am headed to an over-nighter with the Relief Society on Fri. and Sat. is Corinne's birthday. So Fun. Still have no idea what to give the little bug, her favorite toys are the boys cars -and heaven knows we don't need more of those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love the pictures of your kids. You get the best pictures and they always look like best friends and so sweet. I need a few more of those sweet pictures. I love them.
ReplyDeleteYou look great by the way. I have noticed that you look really good.
That first picture doesn't even look like Cori. I have also noticed your weight loss and you look amazing. With your wise words about being in control you have talked me out of eating my third Lindor Truffle of the day ( for the present moment any way).
ReplyDeleteYou are a hoot. I love reading your blog. Your kids are adorable. I was cracking up reading about your weight loss. I love "that obedient place where I am actually conscious of what my choices are doing to my body" DO YOU HAVE AN ADDRESS for "that place". I always say "I would fast for self control if I could put down the food long enough" :) Hope it is okay that I blurk.
ReplyDeleteI just love you Steph! Your kids are adorable and you make me smile everytime I read your blog! I am so happy for your weight loss... it is an ongoing battle with me too, so I know EXACTLY how you feel! Keep it up- you are both inspiring and motivating!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!! I think you are so amazing! Good for you for taking control- it IS hard to do! We all have our weak moments! But you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are such a great mom! Thanks for always being a great example for me to follow.