Saturday, January 16, 2010

I am Ready.




When we were living in the rental our scale broke. It was kind of freeing in a way. I still exercised...can't really say I was too careful about what I ate with the Holidays and all, but I didn't constantly label myself as that number I saw on the scale each week.

Well, it being a new year- I went out and bought a new scale. I pulled it out, and stripped down every possible article of clothing, (yes, even my socks) and prepped my head with a number.

I took all things into account, how my clothes were fitting, how much I had eaten that day, what time of day it was, (is this sad??? it sounds so funny when I write it out, but I swear this is what goes through my head each time I weigh myself) then I stepped up throwing all that freedom out the window. There it was, "the number"- 2 pounds less than when I weighed myself three months before and much lower than the number I had prepped myself for. I should be pretty pleased with that, don't ya think? But NOPE. My thoughts were as follows:

Corrine is 10 1/2 months I have had plenty of time to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I have got to get in control of what I eat!

Seriously, working out at home is not cutting it. (The reason I haven't been going to the gym is a post of it's own)

Now, I think that is pretty ridiculous! Give yourself credit when credit is due. I should be happy that I didn't gain weight over the Holidays. I should be glad that no matter how slow the weight is coming off, it is still on a downward trend. But honestly, if I am completely truthful with myself- the reason I am dissapointed is, I know I can do better. Even in the picture above (taken at the half marathon, the month we got pregnant with Corinne) I wasn't at my ideal weight, but I felt great and was happy with myself, and that is what matters. I DO NOT like feeling like I am not in control of my choices. Sooo, time to make a plan, sign up for a race or give myself something to work towards. It is mine and Joe's tenth anniversary this June...HOORAY! And I will be darned if I am going to just let time pass by without giving it my ALL to feel my best by then!

If you have any suggestions...have at it. Help is always welcome.

8 comments:

  1. Weight is so hard!! I can't believe that you ran a half marathon, that's awesome, I've always wanted to, but don't have the motivation. The Ogden marathon is coming right up soon, you could make a goal doing that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the days of riding our bikes around town with 1-2 kids. It is so hard to find time to exercise. I am so impressed with the marathon, way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously such an inspiration! I don't know how you find the time to do all the things you do! You look great, I think you are way to hard on yourself! Not to have gained weight over the holidays is way impressive, I know I packed on a few pounds while eating fudge, cake, and cookies . . . I'm with ya on wanting to get in better shape to feel better. I know if I excercise more I'll have more energy- which is essential with three kids! Good luck with the marathon, you really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is that it took me 2 years to lose my baby #3 weight and I have gained several pounds over the holiday. I feel your pain. I am not going to give in but this time of year is hard to get started with your schedule again. I fight it until I am finished with my work out and then I have to keep reminding myself that it will pay off. Working out gives me my sanity. I do it mainly for that reason. Having something to work towards is awesome. You will do great. Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that I've ever had a baby (let alone 3), but for me I've always had to take baby steps. Little goals make big differences. As far as working out, depending on what I'm doing, I find it to be a freeing thing- stress reliever. But then again, winter is so hard because it is FREEZING!! Brr *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You are so funny! I just stepped on the scale today and I lost 2 pounds and I was doing the happy dance. What I have been doing is setting little goals. I want to lose 25 pounds by July so that I can pregnant with baby #2. But I say that I would like to lose 10 in two months. Then in two months do another 10. So I don't get discouraged. A slow but yet downward pace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm on your race wagon steph - i need to sign up for one so i will just do it. And yay for not gaining weight - you look great anyways - don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Steph, I lost 10 pounds in one week between Thanksgiving and Christmas (I have since gaind 3 back) and I am going to post on my blog how I did it and the menu that I used. I cut out all sugar but still ate full meals and I felt great. It was hard cutting out the sugar (I love any kind of sugar) but I felt much better through out the day. I have decided that exercising and eating right really does help with my sanity! But like Mira it has taken me almost 2 years to lose my baby #3 weight.
    Steph you have always looked great and I agree with Brenda-don't be so hard on herself.

    ReplyDelete