Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Progress: A House Tour



This is about the progress we have made with the home, because quiet frankly, I have run out of steam.

This is to remind me that all of the work is worth it in the end...a home that feels like us, and is a comfortable place for us to be together as a family.

This is to motivate me to keep working, even though I am to the worst yuckiest part, scraping the front room ceiling and painting. I have purposely left out all of our to-do projects because this is about motivation- remember.

Disclaimer: If you stopped by our house this is not what it would look like. It is a rare moment when my house is clean enough to be picture worthy, and even more deceiving than that- is I strategically took the pictures so that all the unfinished ends are not noticeable ex. the floor boards, fireplace, carpet seams that need to be finished off, and the whole sitting room that is in shambles.


The Kitchen is where we spend most of our time, because I have learned that boys are ALWAYS hungry. Joe laid the flooring, and I am pretty darn proud of him, he worked so hard, and I love the way it turned out.
I am a simple kind of girl...so not much going on here, but I have never had new appliances...so for me....very exciting. We did switch out the hardware on the cabinetry, and it made it look like a different Kitchen.


Dining Area: the old weights are an Etsy purchase and the lamp I scored at Big Lots. I love the look of something old next to something new.


I just found these bud vases for a buck a piece. My theory is: Why spend regular price when there is always great stuff at discount or second hand stores that are just good or better! Then you can actually afford to decorate, and won't feel guilty changing things up a ways down the road.


Living Area: The Japanese screen is a KSL find, Joe was relived I found my own Christmas present this year.



This is seriously the only corner of the addition that is decorated. The rest is wide open space for the kids to play, except for the Luv Sac; again, KSL (don't worry we were very selective who we bought it from, and it came with two washable covers :) ). It is so worth paying a fourth of what they cost. By the way, I don't know why we wasted money on couches, this is where we all gravitate too. And Joe and the boys think wrestling has never been so much fun, they jump, flip, squish, and roll, on that thing.

Here is a pic. I found just to show how enormous this bad boy is!


A little tidbit I picked up from my Mom... the best and cheapest filler...old books. I get mine at the D.I. usually about a dollar, it is funny, it has turned into a little obsession with my Mom, me, and my sisters. We come home and show each other our beautiful old books. To each his own...right?
I am telling ya... therapy. That's what blogging is for me. Even if this stuff is of no interest to anyone else, I love having this as my little spot...to do and say whatever I feel like. So thanks for letting me share.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way your house looks. You are so talented to put stuff together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good. The love sac does look huge with the boys sitting by it. Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously your pictures fit right in with the ones you post from websites. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it person, Hint Hint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture of the boys... Your house looks wonderful! I've been trying so hard to get in the mood to decorate, I think you've given me a little inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your house!! It makes me so excited to some day have my own house. sigh. Looks like you guys have been busy with the holidays and everything! You have such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete