Monday, December 28, 2009

Turning boys into Men:



I know we are a ways off before these little guys are men, but time is already flying by- And that is what this parenting thing is all about isn't it, doing our best to prepare the kids for the world and then closing our eyes, crossing our fingers, and praying...really hard... that Heavenly Father will make up for the mistakes we made while raising them.

I love this picture of Joe helping Gage with his tie. The way these boys look up to their Dad is unreal. When Jed was about 2 1/2 we were at a family dinner and Joe was standing against the wall, we glanced over and so was Jed. Joe shifted his weight and crossed his arms... and so did Jed. It didn't take long to realize that he was imitating everything his Dad did. What a huge responsibility to have these kids watch and follow our lead.




I am ready and excited for the new year! It always feels like a fresh start...with the opportunity to be a better parent and person. I have many things I need to work on this year, but I really hope to not take things so seriously, and enjoy these moments while the kids are so small. Although, I did just threaten Jed- I'd send him to bed if he didn't leave me alone for 2 minutes so I could finish this post. Good thing the new year doesn't start for 3 more days.

3 comments:

  1. OH my goodness how sweet! I love the tender daddy moments that you get to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. I love that you just say what you really think, I'm always laughing. But that picture is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. Your recent post have been great. I love the picture of your kids it is so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your boys on Sunday, and they looked so cute dressed up!

    ReplyDelete