Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Spooks are Out...

Something is seriously wrong with the Hurd's... a few of them anyway, one being my husband. They find way too much entertainment in seeing people get scared! My mother-in-law throws an awesome Halloween party every year; I'm talkin' costumes, Spook Allies, games, prizes, and of course... delicious food. But the boys...I mean men... go out of their way to make it super spooky. Just check out this costume! This is Joe's brother Kevin, and this makes at least one kid cry per year. Last year it was Gage. When Gage woke up in the middle of the night crying, I told Joe to call Kevin to come put him back to bed...I was only half kidding.




As of the day of the party, I didn't have costumes for the boys. So, we went the old fashioned route: A ghost and a Zombie. The boys were thrilled! Although, I won't send them to school like that. I think I will stick them in some costumes my awesome SIL handed down. Thanks Mom, Shan, and Jen, for your help.



Nothing starts off the holiday quiet like having a nibble on a Skull...



You just can't dress a baby in anything spooky- it just isn't right.



Joe was busy all night scaring kids in the Spook Ally. He loves all things Halloween... horror films, decorations, parties, but most of all candy...I should put him on rations. He had on a black billowing costume that had a switch that would turn on red glowing eyes when someone got close. Now Gage won't go downstairs by himself... he thinks Dad is down there waiting to scare him. Time for Dad to do some damage control!



Hope you all have a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween! (Aren't I clever??)

5 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I wish I had at least one Halloween party. Too bad I didn't let Jed ask his grandma if I could come, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't think that I have ever been to a party like that. I bet it was a blast. Great job on the costumes, you looked great too, and Corrine looked too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph,
    Your kids are so cute!! What a fun Halloween Party. Your kids are always going to love this holiday because you guys make it so fun. Your little girl is adorable! Hope you guys have fun trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love that Corrine was an angel, how fitting! You did way good with the ghost and zombie costumes, the boys look awesome! I love your blog, so cute! Your costume is adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an awesome family party!! That's hilarious that the adult men get just as much of a kick out of it that the kids do! These are going to fun memories for your kids!

    ReplyDelete