Thursday, May 31, 2012

Marathon Man:

This is my Marathon Man
I don't just mean this because he ran 26.2 miles. 
This guys never stops. 

He completed his Marathon in 3 hours and 42 min.

He down plays this and acts like it is no big deal, but I am his wife, and I am using my right to brag about him, and say this is a huge accomplishment!



He made his mind up that he wanted to finish between 3:40 and 4:00... and so he did. He didn't just hit the tail end of his time goal he smoked it!
No matter that saying he has a full plate, is an understatement.

 He works hard to provide for our family, has a wife and kids that he ALWAYS puts first, he is Soccer coach, Ward Mission leader, there were T-ball games, Meetings, a wife with a new part time job, and the Saturdays when I was gone, so he shifted his whole training schedule to accommodate me. Oh, there is much more, but the point is... He is AMAZING, and I love him so much.

He just possesses this mental toughness that trumps any obstacle that stood in his way.

I am extremely proud to be "his girl". He inspires, and teaches me constantly, and THAT has nothing to do with the fact that he is super speedy.



If I would have given him the chance to write this- which he would have never taken the time to do, by the way- it would have gone quite differently. You may have gotten a play by play, but he would have never given himself the credit he deserves.





Side note:

Sorry for all of you that are friends with me on FB... you get repeat pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Joe! I would brag too. That is awesome he did it so fast.

    I love your kids quirks and pictures. They are so good when I watch them.

    ReplyDelete