Believe it or not, I really feel like it is important for me to keep this Blog updated for my family's benefit. Lately I haven't been so good at this because, honestly, I am a wee bit overwhelmed with life. Nothing bad... it is all quite good actually... but too much "good" is a bad thing.
I want to slow life down, I just do not know how. What do we eliminate?
Between, family, friends, my part-time job (which has really thrown life out of balance), finances (which is why I have that lovely part-time job), our church callings, getting my workout in each day, Joe's marathon training, the house, the yard, making time to just have some fun with the kids, sports for the boys, and soon- dance for Corinne, and then dealing with the kids when their behavior is "not so fun", and last but certainly not least, getting my "Joe" time in, makes for busy days. I am not alone in this struggle, I know that most Families are fighting to find the same balance we are working for... but it IS hard ya know!?! None of those things are really negotiable, I feel like they all have a place and a purpose.
Really...Seriously, I am not complaining, although, it may sound that way... I am just working through this. Trying to do the best I can in all areas. So... the laundry is piling up, I have more weeds in the yard than I would like, and there are times I am completely embarrassed by my kids behavior (oh, you want examples do you?... well, hold onto your britches- they will come) but me and Joe have been dating, and have quite an enormous crush on each other, and I know that my kids think I am pretty darn cool/weird (and sometimes the meanest Mom EVER- which also means I am doing my job)... so I get a couple points for that, right? And just when I am so discouraged by the kids, their demands, and their poor choices, they blow me out of the water by giving me this this tiny peak inside who they REALLY are, and just how huge, mature and important their spirits are, their strengths, their talents, and most importantly their simple faith in God, and our purpose here (examples of that are to come as well... I can't do the "naughty" post without the "How amazing are these kids?!?" posts).
So there ya have it.
We are so far from having it all together, but we sure do give a good go at it. I look at the things other people go through, and put up with, and I honestly don't know how they do it, and here I am feeling overwhelmed with the day to day of it all when in reality we are so blessed. Don't get me wrong, we have (much) bigger trials and challenges than just a busy schedule, it is just I still feel blessed to have OUR life, with OUR trials. It comes down to that wise (all knowing) Father in Heaven of ours, giving us what WE need and what WE can handle, even if we may have our moments of doubt.
Alright, I just talked myself through all that. See, that is why I write...It is such a good way to set things right in the head.
We've got this, We can handle it, We have a loving Father in Heaven that gives us just enough tough stuff, that we need to rely on him to make it through.
Alright, I just talked myself through all that. See, that is why I write...It is such a good way to set things right in the head.
We've got this, We can handle it, We have a loving Father in Heaven that gives us just enough tough stuff, that we need to rely on him to make it through.
Hmmmm... Pretty Tricky, We are going to learn and grow whether we like it or not.

You're doing great. Thanks for letting me have a break today it was fun to visit and those pictures were so cute.
ReplyDeleteYou're AMAZING!!! Really lady, you always have, and always will impress me. You make me want to be a better person. We are coming to Utah for a visit. I am hoping we can get together.
ReplyDeleteMatt and I both agree that you guys have the cutest family. I know we all have our own trials, but it seems like you guys always can keep it together! You always amaze me with how much have to do in your schedule, yet you make time to truly fulfill your calling. For that example, I am so grateful!
ReplyDeleteSO true!! Everything about this. I look around and try to figure out how to do it all. But in the end, it will work out. How??? Who knows. Thanks for giving us all relief that we are not alone in this endeavor.
ReplyDelete