Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Project Bathroom, Complete:

Well... Almost.
We only have a few odds and ends to finish up, then we can put this LOOOONG, STRETCHED OUT, project to rest! If possible, I would have angelic choirs singing in the background as people read that last line. Yes, I am THAT happy about it.

We need to install the pocket door, paint some trim that was missed, get a new vent cover, door knob, shower head, and a new fan, and wa la.... DONE! Done. Done, done, done, done, done. 

Now that word looks strange, doesn't it?

Anyway... moving on... the reason this project took so long is because we were short on free time, and short on funds. We tried to save money wherever we could and stay within a tight budget. 

Wait...

 Let me start out by saying, I am sad that I do not have a before picture, but the bathroom was in need of a total re-due. It had plaster on half of the ceiling, orange and yellow wallpaper, yellow laminate counters, yellow cabinets, Almond shower and sinks, and ornate gold sconces and mirrors, (we actually kept the mirrors, and just re-painted); but the real reason we dove into this project was because it had carpet.

Yep.

Anyone with little boys know why this is such a problem. There was tile around the toilet but, with my boys... still not sanitary. So, after Jed threw-up on the carpet one night, I knew it was time. Money, or no money, I ripped the carpet out the next day...which is how we dove into this little (or great, big, huge) project...
ya know...
however you want to look at it :)



Found this a couple years ago at Smith and Edwards... I knew I would eventually find a place for it. Right above the toliet... hopefully it becomes engrained in the kids heads.




We found a remnant piece of marble, and Joe installed it... which saved us several hundred dollars. We had the cabinets and shower enclosure sanded and painted with a heavy duty Acrylic Paint which also saved us a pretty penny. Joe was going to do the tile himself but when it came right down to it, he had a friend (Jared Stephensen) come title this and the master bath in two days. It was very reasonable and worth every cent, I do believe. Joe re-did the ceiling, painted and...done. Done, done, done. 

I know, I've already gone down that road. I just can't help myself.

Well, there you have it. If you come and visit you are more than welcome to use our bathroom without worry of stepping on a nail strip, or tripping over the carpet pad, because it is....
well, you know...
Done.




6 comments:

  1. Oh Steph, it is absolutely beautiful. My next trip to Utah will include a stop at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Night and day difference. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty! I really wish we had a before, those are always my favorites. I bet you love walking in there and just looking at how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your bathroom looks amazing!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing!!! Great job!!! Yahooooo!!!! It is done!!! Now, if there was a jealous button I would hit it. We are in the middle of a bathroom remolded too. They stink. But after seeing your amazingness. I think I will make it through.

    ReplyDelete