I guess it would be ideal to have a picture of Jed in his baptismal clothes, standing next to Joe, with a big smile on both of their faces, but....
things didn't go quite so smooth.
These are the pictures we took right before we left. Joe had left before us to pick up donuts, and get things in order over at the church. When we got there he whisked Jed away to go get ready. We filed into the room and waited, and waited a little longer, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was taking so long- they had been back there for1/2 hour.
Then the Ward Mission Leader came in with a HUGE smile on his face and whispered to me that it would be just a minute, Joe was having a bit of a John Travolta moment in his white jump suit. HAhaaaaaaaa... I guess it was a tight fit. Later Joe told me the waist band went up to his chest and it would have been absolutely INAPPROPRIATE to come out in something that tight. So he brought Jed in the room in his baptismal clothes, and he had changed back into his suit.
That is the funny part... the sad part is....
There were jump suits that fit him but they were WET, he still thought that was the better alternative and had to put on a freezing cold Baptismal suit to Baptize Jed. Not fun, I am sure.
It was a nice morning, in-spite of the minor hang-up. I feel bad we weren't able to get a picture of Joe and Jed so maybe we can re-create (in church clothes this morning). I have to say it really got to me when all of the men walked up to the front of the room to confirm him a member of the church. Very Powerful. We have wonderful family that gave him so much support, and I am very thankful!



He's SO handsome! I'm glad it turned out good, in spite of the wet jumpsuit... That's sad. Congrats to Jed!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day for Jed!! I'm so glad that it turned out to be a good day, minus the minor hangup! What a cute boy, I know Matt loves having him in scouts now.
ReplyDeleteStill way cute pictures of the kids. I didn't know that's why Joe wore his suit the first half of the baptism - so funny!! It was a great day (even if Jed didn't know I was even there)
ReplyDelete