Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Normal?? Now, that's no fun.

Not a good look for him, but check out the intensity in those eyes. I think he would take the responsibilities of sporting a mustache very seriously.





In Gage's prayer at Family Dinner on Sunday, he asked that our family could be more "Normal".

What!!???

I thought made-up songs, dance parties in the kitchen, naked kids trying to escape pajama time, a Dad reenacting old Western's after shaving his beard into a mustache... and threatening to keep it that way, a goose egg on a Mom's forehead from running smack into a door frame, and pretending to be Cousin "IT" after blow-drying your hair into a fro in front of your face, was just part of family life.

In fact, I think they may be requirements.

Although, I have to admit that I was a little embarrassed the other day while doing an impromptu song and dance routine for my nieces that were over, and then realizing Joe was standing right behind me witnessing the whole event. Now, if I would have know he was there... no biggie, but the element of surprise led to a bit of an awkward moment.

Oh, Gage... what are you worried about, WE ARE FINE! Who want's to be "normal" anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Normal is surely no fun at all!!! One day he will realize how awesome it was to grow up in a family that is so much fun and not just normal :) You guys are sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Who has a normal family anyway? I would guess "normal" is boring, but what do I know. ;) glad to hear you guys have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normal is over-rated! What a cute little boy though, and you guys are such cute parents!

    ReplyDelete