Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter Warmth:

This is where you will find my kids right after they take a bath- in front of the wood burning stove. Now that our heated floors are no more, I may just have to join them.



I have to say it is a darn good thing I wrote out that I was going "handle life's challenges in a healthy upbeat way" because last week we had some challenges:

There was a warm spot under our kitchen floor...it was kind of nice, anytime my feet got cold I would stand there and warm them up :) Joe on the other hand is way to logical to enjoy the luxury of our newly found heated floors, and could not stop thinking about it. He kept asking his Dad what pipes where under there, he finally came up with the conclusion that a pipe had broke. Ugh. This meant that a pipe had broke UNDER our foundation! To make a long story short, Joe pulled up the flooring that he just labored over a year ago and jack hammered a huge hole in our kitchen floor. In the process he may have hit an additional pipe that was NOT broken before - but for his sake- I won't say. Anyway, he is a rock star and with the help of my totally awesome Dad, and totally awesome brother-in-law he had our kitchen, torn up, fixed, and back together in a day and a half!

I now have cold toes but I am not complaining.

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture! Sorry about the whole pipe thing, that's way crazy to have happen! Lucky for you, you have an awesome husband and family to help! By the way, we had a Hurd wood-burning stove (I heard someone in Joe's family made them??) in our little apartment, unfortunately our landlord said it got too hot for a rental so he sealed the flue so no one could use it. :( (random fyi)

    ReplyDelete