I came home from Young Women's early the other night fully expecting to find the boys asleep, instead they were running around the house like animals in " Nerf Battle Mode". Joe told me to grab a gun and put on some goggles...and so it went... it was a blast, they stayed up two hours past their bedtime because we were just having too much fun to stop! One of the many reasons why I am so thankful they are all -finally- healthy.The week before Thanksgiving Joe got sick. They put him on antibiotics and he got better. Then he got sick again...and again, and again. While all this mumbo jumbo was going on with Joe, my kids were passing sicknesses back and forth between the three of them. SO NOT FUN! I -on the other hand- was healthy as a horse, but tired as an ??? (isn't there a saying for that)?
They removed Joe's tonsils the first week of January and he has been a champ! Seriously, I was expecting the worst and he was dealt the best (you know, as far as having surgery goes). It was actually so nice to have him home for the week. The little ones are doing spectacular, and we were even able to get away for the weekend. We headed down to Saint George for Joe's Uncles 80th Birthday Party. So all is well, and all are healthy... hallelujah!
Life doesn't wait for everybody to be well, so this is what has been happening:
Jed turned 7!! It had only been 4 days since Joe had his tonsils out but Jed wanted him at his party SO BAD- and he not only made it, but led the troops in a mean game of Laser Tag.



He also played in his first basketball game...which was absolutely hilarious, by the way. I will attempt to upload video for entertainment purposes.
Saint George was a much needed get-a-way, it was 60 degrees and the sun was shining!. The kids took their skateboard, Rip Stick, and Wiggle Car, not much more needs to be said... they were fully entertained (as were Joe and I) with their toys, a great park, and beautiful weather.We stayed in a condo with Joe's brother and family and had a really good time.We really enjoyed their company and not to mention their kids are older and so my kids were well taken care of.Joe's brother Brad, has a band called Vintage Diggin's, they are AWESOME! They played for the 80th Birthday Party and of coarse the kids danced the night away as usual.


Corinne was such a little STINK during the dinner but she rebounded just fine and was up for dancing. She kept spinning until she would tip over, stand up, and do it all again.

We headed home on Sun. even though we took our Church clothes with us, we decided to get an earlier start and so we skipped out. As we were driving Gage said "It kind of feels like we don't believe in our church anymore." Joe and I asked why as we looked at each other with a little smile- because we knew what was coming. "Because it is Sunday and we are not even going to go to church." Kids will catch you every time.
Having Joe home last week and then having him all to ourselves this weekend, I had one of those moments on the ride home where I looked over at him, and was just overwhelmed with how lucky I am! I feel like I couldn't possibly love him more- and then... after 10 years he still has this way of impressing me (hope he always will)! I watched how patient he was with the kids all weekend and went out of his way so that they would have a good time (even though he is still not feeling 100%). He bends over backwards to make me happy and provide a good life for our family and he is just so much fun to be around (like a big kid most of the time).
I am sure that was too much info, for anyone reading this but these are the things I want to remember and like I said Joe doesn't read my blog so I can get away with saying whatever I want. Maybe next time I will warn you all with a disclaimer and you can decide whether to subject yourself ...but probably not.
Glad everyone is doing better! Glad st george was nice and warm, we passed through there on new years day and it was 20 degrees! Not so warm!
ReplyDeleteThat is so hard when everyone is sick. That is so nice to get away. I have to say that I understand the feeling of being overwhelmed at how lucky I am to have the husband and son that I have been blessed with.
ReplyDeleteWe love nerf guns at our house too. Glad you are all doing better. I love reading about you and your awesome family.
ReplyDeleteI love hearing how much you love Joe. Nothing better for the kids to see than you loving their dad. I am glad everyone is on the up and up. Nothing is harder than everyone in the house not well. Love you family:)
ReplyDeletecracks me up about Jed, thinking you all don't believe in the church anymore. Kids are way too observant!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious about 'not believing in the church anymore'!!
ReplyDelete