
As I drove down the flag lined streets this morning I got a little teary. It was just so beautiful, and I feel such great gratitude to those who sacrifice- or those at home that sacrifice time with their loved ones so that they are able to defend our freedom!
I am not into Politics, I try to make educated decisions when casting my votes...but that is it, the Political system just makes my head spin. I am however, very Patriotic (which explains my spontaneous National Anthem outbursts- seriously). I love this Country and all that it stands for! It is scary at times to see it declining but - that is how "the story" goes- and I still believe there is so much good in this Nation.
The boy's were both at school today, so I stopped by my Mom's and we got talking about the Pres. George W. Bush- Oprah interview, I hadn't seen it, so she turned it on while I had a few quiet minutes to watch.
Pres. Bush walked out onto the stage and I was immediately impressed by the way he appeared to be so happy and at ease.
He was a controversial President and I totally get that. I also believe that he is a good person that was President at a very difficult time in history. There are decisions he made during his terms as President that will always baffle me, and I can't even imagine how those who were directly impacted by some of his poor decisions must feel, but it really hit me while I was watching- that he is just a Human that tried to do his very best to Serve and Protect our County. The problem is when human mistakes are made while you are directing a whole country the impact is HUGE. As great of a burden as that would be, in order to have a position of power like that, you would have to have the ability to make peace with yourself, because there would be no possible way to carry the weight of all the individual tragedies upon your shoulders. That would BREAK anyone! It is always easy to look back and judge...that is why we learn from history, but I will always be grateful for those who are willing to lead us, especially when they openly call upon God for help and direction.
I pray for safety, freedom, peace, and happiness, and at this very moment I am sitting here experiencing all of the above.
So, that makes this a Happy Veterans Day.
Thank you for the post. A wonderful reminder. We have so much to be grateful for as citizens of this blessed nation. *
ReplyDelete