Sunday, August 22, 2010

Late August Evening.

Summer is coming to an end.
It's time.
Time to get back into a routine. Time for late nights to end, and it is definitely time for some cooler weather.

I am ready...but I can't pretend I'm not a little sad.

I love the freedom that summer brings. I love when Jed asks " Well, what should we do tomorrow, Mom?" like the possibilities are endless. Even though my very favorite way to let the summer days pass, is to just be at home with the kids. I love that we have day after day to be together- without homework, and school functions filling up our schedules.

We take turns spending Sunday Evenings with each side of our family. We all look forward to it, every Sunday...it is what we do.

Tonight it was windy...really windy.

My brother-in -law Matt took the kids outside and came running back in to get a sheet. I held baby Corbin and watched from the window as the sheet flew up into a sail, then back down as the kids tangled themselves in it, they ran, they screamed, then back up it went. When the sheet was torn to shreds, Matt made the kids into Warriors...Warriors with pink and purple hearts on their headbands.


Then out came the tarp, which resulted in a few minor injuries...but the kids were undeterred by such interruptions.



A high note, on one of our last summer nights.

3 comments:

  1. Steph,
    Mikel and I are planning a girl cousin party on October 8, 7pm at my house. Will you spread the word to your sisters? We will send more info when we figure it out!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We love Sunday evenings too, so relaxing and with family. I can just imagine what went on with the sheet if it ended in shreds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am torn with the summer ending, no more kids fighting all day but I know I will start missing my 1st grader next week. Sunday nights with family are great. Love all the pictures, I bet your boys love Uncle Matt!!

    ReplyDelete