Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What a Peach:

Corinne and her sweet disposition: (do you sense my sarcasm?)






When my baby girl (she IS still a baby) wakes at 5:45 in the morn. I expect to change her and put her right back down to drift into dream land. This morning = not so.

She has been an absolute pill for the last few weeks. Joe woke at 7:00 and Corinne and tired old me, had already been for a walk, had breakfast, and looked through book after book to keep her entertained. Sigh.

There really is nothing I can do about this attitude she has developed... where she screams and squeals about everything and anything that doesn't go her way. I have put her in time out- but that is pretty comical with a one year old. So do we just sit back and wait it out??? Oh the joy.

By the way, it really IS a joy to be home with the little ones, I wouldn't want it any other way, I am just slightly tired at the moment. And the days really ARE sprinkled with her sweetness- just not filled with it.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like my little Kamri. My other two never threw fits, but Kamri sure can. :) Sometimes I just have to let her cry and be upset for a little while because it seems like no matter what I say or do it won't help. Periodically I will ask if she is ready for mommy to hold and rock her. Sometimes she will run into my arms quickly and other times it takes a little longer but eventually she stops crying and is ready to hug and talk.
    Last night she went to bed at 11:00pm and was up at 6:30am and she has been so grumpy and whinny, but I try and remind myself that she is just tired and I need to approach things a little different today.
    It can be tough on those days and I wonder what the teenage years will bring.:) I feel for you but you are a great mom and your kids are very lucky to have you as their mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how I feel with Lily.. She is a challenge every day. But like you i would change any of it.. Take care.. We should try and get together before school is in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say "wouldn't" not would.. Anyhow you get my drift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just too cute to stay mad at her. I understand though, Adam definitely has his good and bad days and his really bad days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard being a mom when you have tired kids. I always tell myself the good out weighs the bad. During the school year Kate was waking up between 6:30 and 7:00 she has kind of grown out of it and will sometimes sleep until almost 8:oo. There is still hope that she will grow out of it soon. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You couldn't have said it better "sprinkled" not "filled" with sweetness is TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete