Thursday, June 10, 2010

Heart to Heart

It is pretty sad, that whenever I hear the boys laughter I go running, the reason for this is because that usually means they have found some very imaginative way to pass the time. (Translation= Trouble) Most of the time it is innocent enough, it is just that the two of them together have this way of feeding off each other that puts me over the edge sometimes.

Last night, I put them to bed and heard laughter, I pulled Jed out of the room and told him he couldn't go back in until Gage was asleep, I was just too tired to deal with that.

He laid in the hall waiting and he kept inching closer to the couch where I was, Joe wasn't home so it was just the two of us. I told him to come over so we could talk, I gave him a spill -while he halfheartedly listened- about how he was the older brother and the leader, and he needed to set a good example (the talk I heard a time or two). I told him how special he was, that he was sent here for a purpose and he needed to live the way Heavenly Father wants him to live so that he can find out what his mission is here on earth...Now, this sparked some interest! We talked for quite a while and I really felt like he WANTED to hear what I had to say- that is such a rare moment as a Mother. In the end he felt like he needed to say a prayer, it contained the usual..... and then he ended it by saying this:

"Please forgive me for my mistakes, help me make better choices. Help me be a better person. Help me follow Jesus' example."

Ohhhh, it melted/broke my heart!!!! It was very sincere. I was on the verge of crying the whole time we talked... and that just did me in. It just gave me a glimpse of this STRONG spirit in this active, curious, little body. I am not his mother to change him, he is who he is suppose to be. I am his mother to guide, love, help, and definitely learn from him. His prayer could have came out of my mouth word for word, because forgiveness and help is exactly what I need to make it through as well.



So often I feel like I don't deserve these little treasures I have been blessed with. But if I am being downright honest- I have days when I feel like they don't deserve me either...I am wrong of coarse, in both instances. His plan for us is perfect, challenging, but perfect. I am so very thankful to be a part.

5 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. I seriously love that boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really has a heart of gold. He is always so sweet with Beau.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are such a good mom - and good example to both of them! They are for sure lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest little boys, and just seeing what you do with your kids, I can tell you are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete