
All one year olds are busy. Of this I am fully aware.
But here is the deal: My niece asked to have her reception in our "new" backyard. There has been a long line of receptions here (including ours- totally a side note, it is so fun to live in the house where Joe first held my hand, first kissed me, proposed, and had our reception). Anyway.... Kent and Rosalie (my in-laws) really have made a beautiful yard. Most of it is perennials so I thought, "no big deal" a little weeding andwe will be off and ready.
Wrong.
Boy, is it a lot of work! Good work. I really do enjoy it, and it is fun to let the boys help out- but unless Corinne is napping, I am telling ya, I don't need Jillian's help to get a work out. I chase that girl all over the yard, pull her out of flower beds, remove rakes from her hands (that she is shredding all the beautiful flowers with)...should I go on?? It is exhausting.
I guess all I can do is my best. Oh, I don't do it alone, but Joe is in charge of the outside maintenance, lawn mowing, and pruning. It is a good thing we decided to take a break from the inside projects :)
I told Rosalie and Kent this better be their secret to staying so youthful! (they both turn 70 this year). If I find out this really is their secret, I will let you know, and anyone is welcome to come pull a weed or two and partake of our fountain of youth!

When I babysat the other day Cori kept trying to walk in your flowers in your front flower bed so if you noticed a few smashed purple petunia's(I think that is what they are called) you now know what happened. So I have a little taste of what you do everyday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy girl!! But she is too cute to stay mad at! Good luck on preparing your yard for the reception!
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious!! I love your positive outlook on life... yard work= youth, I can accept that!! I knew there was a reason not to moan and complain while push-mowing our 1/2 acre!! (now, if only I could make time for my flower beds!!)
ReplyDeleteYour yard is so pretty. Even if Cori found a few flowers to step on. She is so cute. I love those pictures. How exciting for your boys. What a fun dad.
ReplyDelete