
Why am I on here??
Joe is headed down to his buddy Yosh's for the night.
The kids are fast asleep.
I am hosting our niece's wedding shower here at our place tomorrow- so this is prime time to get the house prepped, but here I am getting ready to brag about my man for a minute.
I can't help it...he is just too great. I am honestly blown away by him lately- for many reasons. So, I have just been feeling pretty lucky I chose such a good one.
Man...I really did.
----------
Getting out of a relationship feels like you are digging yourself out of a hole. At least it did for me. I was lost for quiet a while. Trying to figure myself out.
I knew I was headed in the right direction, it was just that every guy I went out with just wasn't the right fit for me, and I knew it right off. I started to think I was being too picky- nobody's perfect right?
----------
I swung the door open and tried to slip in...I was late. Not only was I late, the whole room was dressed up and I was sporting my khaki shorts and black t-shirt. I know my face was red as I found the closest chair and sunk into it.
He was in the front of the room talking...and I knew. CRAZY, I know, but he says the same thing.
His short version is this:
I went out with one of his friends a few times and he didn't know why he was always asking his buddy how things were going with us. When he found out it wasn't going anywhere- he was relived and knew that he could now take me out. The funny thing is... he didn't even know who I was. Soon after that is when I walked in late to our meeting. Now, here we are 10 years, and three kids later.
------

I am so not perfect. He is so not perfect. But together we work. Not all of the time...just 97% of the time and that works for us as well.
Nobody I'd rather be going at this life with....
You and Joe are perfect for each other. It is funny how things work out. Hope the shower went well.
ReplyDeleteFun post. So glad you and Joe found each other. I remember being in Riverdale and you telling someone that you were going to marry him and she asked if you were engaged and I laughed, because you had only been out once- like two months ago. ha ha. You did know and it worked out perfect. What a great couple.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a sweetheart!! Joe is pretty lucky to have you around too!!
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to hear of people's stories of how they meet. You guys are so cute together and just have the cutest kids!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute couple! Thanks for sharing how you met, I'd never heard that before. Isn't is amazing how the Lord guides and directs our lives. We just have to be patient and realize it's HIS timing, not ours. Thanks for the neat post.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteOkay, Steph.. you are so adorable! That is the cutest thing i've ever seen!
ReplyDelete