Occasionally I will send Joe an e-mail to let him know how the day is going, or funny things the kids say that I know I will forget before he gets home. This is the e-mail I sent him today:
Hi.
After the early start this morning, things have sure turned around today. Here is a little of what has been going on:
This is what Jed said after I told Gage "no, he could not have any ice cream" at 9:30 in the morning:
"Gage, you are going to have to talk to Dad...remember, HE is the ice cream giver".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gage: "Mom, Jed is doing such and such..."
Jed: "Mom, Gage is telling on me"...pause...he starts laughing...
"WHAT was I thinking...I was telling on Gage, telling on me...that's so funny"!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have been playing Bendaroos all morning (very fun, by the way-you non-believer) and Jed said:
"I bet Dad will help me build things when he gets home, because he had toys like this when he was a boy and we have the same kind of brain".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last but not least, I pulled out a cheap little baby stroller I found at the grocery store, Corinne has been pushing it around all morning...so cute...until she couldn't get her doll out of the straps and she started yelling gibberish at the doll, yanking at her arm, and the grand finale- she whopped it over the head a few times. The boys and I just stood there staring and then couldn't help but laugh. Poor thing is going to end up in anger management by the time she's two if she keeps that up.
Anyway, a day in the life right? Just thought you'd want to hear how much I love being here with the kids, and how much I appreciate you!
Love you,
Steph
That is so cute. It is those little things I love to see on blogs, now you can remember that fun forever!!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so funny! I love to hear their random comments, especially Jed's.
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard when I read this. I don't believe the one about Cori. She is too sweet.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute!! I can't believe they can think of those things to say.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute idea! I wish that I could email Greg at work. Security stuff with working on the base. Your kids are super funny.
ReplyDeleteKids are AWESOME! They say the funniest things. Thanks for the laugh.
ReplyDeleteA date sounds great, let us know!
That is hilarious! Your kids are so cute! Love that you took the time to document that:) Your kids will love to hear about the cute things they said and did when they're older.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!! I think we all need to keep a journal of what our kids say! They are very -honestly- entertaining!
ReplyDeletetoo funny! Sounds like your having a great day!
ReplyDelete