"Life is not easy for any of us, but what of that? we must have perseverance and above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing must be attained".
-Marie Curie
Life really is good for us right now, you might think otherwise with all the quotes I have been finding about trials. In a past Relief Society lesson they said that if you are not currently in the middle of going through a trial then one is on the horizon, because that is why we are here...to learn, and grow... to be refined.
Isn't that a great quote, I wholeheartedly believe that we are gifted for something.
Last night at Young Womens we had a very inspiring speaker. She is a Life Coach, an author, a mother of SIX boys and still wants twin girls ;) and she runs daily, and studies the scriptures for an hour a day, and attends the temple once a week.
How?? I have no idea, but it sure made me listen to what she had to say. She talked about goals and time management.
These were my favorite quotes:
"I have known many great men and women. Although they have different backgrounds, talents and perspectives, they all have this in common: they work diligently and persistently towards achieving their goals. It's easy to get distracted and lose focus on the things that are most important in life. I've tried to remember the lessons I learned... and prioritize values that are important to me, so that I can keep my eye focused on things that really matter. I urge you to EXAMINE YOUR LIFE. Determine where you are, and what you need to do to be the kind of person you want to be. create inspiring, noble, and righteous goals that fire your imagination and create excitement in your heart. And then keep your eye on them. Work consistently to achieve them".
-Elder Joseph B. Wirthin
The power of Your Thoughts:
"As a Man thinketh so is He". Proverbs 27:3
"The thought in your mind at this moment is contributing, however infinitesimally, almost imperceptibly to the shaping of your soul, even to the lineaments of your countenance...even passing idle thoughts leave their impression".
-Miracle of Forgiveness
Pres. Benson quotes, President Kimball who is quoting David O. Mckay
I know that is a deep one, but the speaker pointed out that if prophets are quoting other prophets we better take notice!
Anyway, it just fired me up! Even though there are plenty of days where all I can do is get through, I can't just be comfortable with where I am at- when I know there is so much to work on.
And By the way...Down 7 lbs and still truckin'
Wow, I need to listen to someone like that, I have the hardest time with time management and getting everything done I want in ONE day instead of 2 or 3. Good job on 7 pounds!!! That's quite a start!!
ReplyDelete