
I am feeling it... the before Christmas crunch. This year it is a little different than most. My Christmas decorating was minimal, Christmas will be quiet simple, and yet I am feeling a little anxiety. We moved in and dove right into the projects we wanted to get done... the problem... life doesn't stop just because you have a mess at home. There are Christmas parties, and teething babies, and too tired to think of working on the house tonight parents (that's us). So, I guess we will just finish what we can, and enjoy having the space- even though it doesn't look the way I would -ideally- love it to look for Christmas.
Here are a couple of the projects we have been working on...
A Chalk board wall. I have always wanted one of these to write fun thoughts down, and little messages to the kids. This is how it turned out:

I chickened out and didn't paint the whole wall, I just taped off an 11x14 section. We need to paint the whole house so this is just temporary to see how we like it... maybe I will get brave and do more next time.
This is the back of the fireplace wall that you see when you walk in the front door, we (by we I mean Joe) still haven't installed the wood burning stove on the other side of the wall, but it will come, everything just takes so much longer than planned!

On the kid front: This morning Jed informed me he has a girlfriend. He asked Gage if he had a girlfriend and Gage said -yes, he has a lot of girlfriends. So Jed explained that this is What you do when you have a girlfriend:
Bunny Ears.Gage is lucky to have a brother to initiate him :)
Little turkey! Girlfriends all ready? I thought I was the love of his life, guess I've been demoted.

photo courtesy of Gage Joseph Hurd (3)
The chalkboard wall is so cool. You are so creative. I absolutely LOVE your entry way too. It looks so much better! Your house looks so great.
ReplyDeleteWhen you are ready I would love to see the house. Looks so cute!! Fun pictures, kids are awesome, Hannah told me the other day she likes "bad boys" oh no watch out.
ReplyDeleteKeep your house pictures coming... I need ideas! You better watch out... your boys are so good looking, they're going to have the girls chasing them.
ReplyDelete