Thursday, October 15, 2009

I have always loved to sing to my babies before they fall asleep.

This is my favorite lullaby:

Oh, hush thee my baby, a story I'll tell,
How little Lord Jesus on earth came to dwell;
How in a far country, 'way over the sea,
Was born a wee baby, my dear one like thee.

Lullaby baby, lullaby dear.
Sleep little baby; have nothing to fear.
Lullaby baby, lullaby dear.
Jesus will care for his little ones here.

The story was told by the angles so bright,
As round them was shining a heavenly light.
The stars shone out brightly, but one led the way
And stood o'er the place where the dear baby lay.

Lullaby baby, lullaby dear.
Sleep little baby, have nothing to fear.
Lullaby baby, lullaby dear.
Jesus will care for his little ones here.

The shepherds here found him, as angels has said,
The poor little stranger, no crib for a bed.
Down low in a manger so quiet he lay,
This little child Jesus, asleep on the hay.

Lullaby baby, lullaby dear.
Sleep little baby, have nothing to fear.
Lullaby baby, lullaby dear.
Jesus will care for his little ones here.


This is my Gage (2007):
Gage is going through a really rough time right now. His world has changed. There is a new baby in the family. His big brother leaves him to go to school. He is struggling to find his place. He is not pleasant to be around. He is making it so I am not pleasant to be around.

Gage has always had such a sweet disposition... and he still does, but lately, it has been hiding. This may sound like it is no big deal... but the changes in Gage prove- that to him- this is huge.

Don't worry Gage, "have nothing to fear, Jesus will care for his little one's here".

4 comments:

  1. I want you to sing me that song so I can here the tune. The words are so pretty. Gage has had a lot of changes lately, but he does have such a sweet little heart and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went through that with Garret last year. His big sister started Kindergarten and he had a 6 month old baby sister. Some days were rough, but we made it through with lots of patience and prayer. I remember being so worried and frustrated at times, but it was a learning experience for our whole family. Hang in there. You are a great mom and he is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the words of that song! Poor Gage, I have a hard time with change too! I love all of your Moab pictures, I'm a little envious that you all got to go down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to learn that song, I've never heard it before. We are going through the exact same thing with Gunnar. So hard. Thanks for telling me about your blog, it's way cute!

    ReplyDelete