Friday, August 14, 2009

Good place to start

I feel like we have a bit of a new start in life right now. Corinne arrived just under six months ago and we put our house up for sale right after she was born. I'm talkin' two weeks people!

















That was obviously after some persuasion from good 'ol Joe- the KING of change. But I have to say it all went so smooth and it just felt right through the whole process. The master plan was to find a lot and build, but our plans changed. After the sale was final on our home I was expecting Joe to jump on a lot (he can be quite impulsive, ya know) but he didn't. He kept going back and forth between two lots and then came option #3. His Dad asked if he would like to buy the Family home. Oh boy was I excited! Ya see, I have always loved his parents home... the yard is just dreamy, we all love the location, it has tons of space on one level, and it has a porch swing- what more could you ask for. I know it is probably not for everyone to buy a 35 year old home, but it is so well taken care of and as soon as we add a little bit of ourselves to the home, it will just be the right place to raise the kids . Jed and Gage can't wait to move in because "there is so much room to wrestle" and it has "secret hiding places" (it has a loft). We won't actually move in until his parents finish building so right now we are cozy in a little rental around the corner.

So, this is our new start- new baby, new "old" home, and the same old town that we never want to leave.



We couldn't ask for better neighbors
Joe's parents are building a smaller home
right next to us. Notice the sucker in Joe's
mouth- candy addict.



This is our old home- I am so glad we took these
pictures to sell the home, now we can always look
back and remember all of the good times we had
living there. I will always miss the neighborhood-
(I have unbelievable friends, that I am not going
to let get away from me even though I moved)
but I know change happens for a reason.


3 comments:

  1. You were born to blog, even when you have nothing to say it is fun to read. So glad you joined us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Erin. You have such a fun way of writing. I am so glad you decided to start a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! Thanks for the comment. I am so glad you are blogging. Cute pics of the kids. We need to get together someday, when life slows down, if that is even a possibilty.

    ReplyDelete