Hi.
It's me.
Do you know that we have the most AMAZING kids in the whole world !? No really, we do... Wild as all get up, and far from perfect...but they are an absolute perfect match for you and me.
They stress me out, worry me in ways I didn't even think was possible, they push my buttons, point out my flaws, make me want to shut myself in the bathroom and cry (sometimes I do), they make Gigantuous (not a word- but it should be) messes, wrestle and fight, get sassy and rude, and find trouble like no other, BUT when they have days like today, or even moments, you know... those moments when they smile, or laugh, or you look at them and really listen to what they have to say, and then you just can't believe that God would trust us with such precious little souls!
They are grateful Joe. Their backpacks came in the mail today and they were giddy with excitement. They ripped the package open, examined them, and then Jed looked up at me and ran over and threw his arms around me and said "Thanks Mom! for looking for a good sale, so that we could have such awesome backpacks." That is so not a big deal, I realize that, they should be grateful, but it is was a backpack, something we would have bought for them no matter what. I listen to their prayers at night, well, on a good night...and I am just blown away that they "get it" that we are privileged to have a home, a car, nice things, and freedom. That we are privileged to have a loving family, and a knowledge of the Savior and His gospel. They may not comprehend it all, neither do I, but they get a small part of this big plan for them. They definitely test us, but they are here to refine us as much as we are here to teach them. I am grateful to Joe, for all of it.
Didn't really know I was going to write all that in an e-mail, it just all came out.
So, hope you have a great day...
Love you,
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment