I am such a homebody...I really am.
How can you beat sitting around, enjoying all that early fall has to offer?


Joe would be appalled if he knew I was saying we did a bunch of nothing, because he did a bunch of something. He cut down, and laid to rest, an old dead tree from our front yard, he worked his tail off! The kids did feel quite useful steadying the tree, and we all chipped in with the clean up. But, man...Joe worked hard. I love to watch him work, he is such a good example to the kids, he can tackle any task that needs tackling, and boy- does he look good while doing it!

With that said, it is so hard to see old trees die. It really is like you feel some loss. This mature yard is one of the main reasons I wanted to raise our family in this house. So that we can enjoy picnics in the shade, experience fresh fruit picked right off the tree, just relax and soak in each others company on the back deck. We do all those things, but I guess it will be just as rewarding to replant a tree and watch it grow with our family.
A bunch of nothing...that's where it's at.
I love weekends like that. I love getting stuff done, but at the same time relaxing with the family. Oh how I LOVE fall!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad when big shady trees die. I also want to buy a house with big established trees, it's so beautiful!
ReplyDelete