Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snails

This has turned into my journal. It is just a journal for all to see, (sometimes I wonder if that is a good thing, but it is so fun to share). I try to keep everything real- so that when I look back everything is accurate. Because this is now my journal, I sometimes get a little overzealous in the frequency of my writing, I do this for a couple reasons:

One: I feel like I really am going to want to remember these moments that seem insignificant now, but years down the road will be priceless memories.

Two: This is an out for me. When I am exhausted, or had a hard day, or had a day when I feel especially thankful, putting my thoughts down puts things into perspective, and helps me take a step back and look at everything clearly.

Take this for example:

Today I put out the slip and slide to keep the boys outside so I could clean.

Every time I looked out the window this is what I saw:



Jed next to the pond...no where near the slip and slide (it sure entertained Gage though).


He was hunting for snails.



Ya know what I said when he brought them inside?




"Take those outside Jed, they stink!"


But look at the boys smile.


I mean really...I could have shown some interest... But they did stink.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute kiddo, you can't help but smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your three favs. My favorite is the middle and is that your rug?

    ReplyDelete