Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our life:

How can I not be excited about all the day has to offer when I wake up to a hair-do like this? Mine may not have been much better...some secrets a girl will never tell ;)



Which also reminded me of something that happened a couple weeks ago that I needed to write down and remember.
My parents were watching the kids one Sunday a couple weeks ago while Joe and I were at the church (he was getting a new calling). I dropped Joe off at home to gather things together to head to his family dinner while I picked up the kids. I walked into my Mom's and Corinne was crying...the first thing I noticed was the look on my Mom's face then she said, "I am so sorry, Steph." I looked at Corinne and it took me a minute to notice what was wrong. She had a ZhuZhu pet stuck to her head! If she wouldn't have been so sad it would have been hilarious.
Jed had turned it on and stuck it next to her head "to see what would happen." Well, Jed my boy, you found out. What happened was, it wound itself so tight in her hair there wasn't any way to get it untangled. My Mom had just been holding her with the pet hanging on her head until I got there because they didn't want to cut it out without my permission (good thinking). Anyway, my dad was having a look at it and accidentally bumped the on button, it kicked it into reverse and unwound itself. Close call.

This is the boys the day before the wedding reception as I was getting things cleaned up. Oh, the irony.

In their defense they did ask if they could "play in the mud", but I was under the impression they meant their trucks not their faces. I didn't grab the camera until Jed was mostly sprayed off but you get the idea.




Never a dull moment. By the way, am I validating my children by taking pictures of all their naughty moments? Hmmm.

10 comments:

  1. Ever since we got zuzu pets I've been so worried about that happening. I'm glad it turned out okay, and that you didn't have to cut it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the things I have to look forward too! That is way funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I heard about the mud episode, but the pictures are so much better. ha ha
    Who knew Cori was such a wild girl. That is such a cute picture. I love it.
    I love the the reception pictures, it looks beautiful. You look great and I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Steph- I have to tell you, I read your blog yesterday and I am still laughing! That is seriously so funny! And look at those boys! I love pictures like that and moms who say "sure you can play in the mud!" :) You're such an amazing mom and you look SO great!! Take care girlie- love, love, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. laughing out loud over the zhu zhu pet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your boys. I wanted you to know Jed said the best prayer today in primary. He blessed us that we could "follow Heavenly Father's Example" and that we could "listed to Jesus". I was impressed. I wanted to give him a big hug. It was awesome.

    Keep Cori up on that Tylenol! 5 at one time is better than all spaced out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those kids... oh my gosh! i am serious.. i want them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I love that you took pictures of the mud incident, who knew you had to be so specific with little boys? We had a similar incident with water the other day, luckily just water this time . . .but we've had our fair share of mud covered boys around here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Corrine's hair in those pictures too funny. Boys will be Boys. Glad you got the pictures to remind them later on that they owe you.

    It was great to see you at the shower today. We will definately have to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Corrine's hair, it actually almost looks like you did it spiky that way! Good thing the zhu zhu pet episode turned out well!!

    ReplyDelete