Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Close...

We are so close to being done with the front room! Joe is going to switch out the floor boards, we need to hang our pictures and the sheers, get a couch and then just Enjoy. This really has been a lot of work so I am very happy it is all finally coming together.

The two chairs and the old travel trunk I got off of KSL. I actually drug my sister, Jen, to Provo with me to pick up the trunk, and my Mom to Salt Lake...but for the prices it is always worth it, and call me crazy- but I feel like 2nd hand things already have a life of their own.

The chest against the accent wall was part of the bed room set my mother-in-law handed down. I just like it too much to hide it in our bedroom.



This monogram is my favorite. The trunk is so heavy, I can't believe its original owner actually traveled with it!!





Oh, and about the wall color...I loved the accent wall from the time I put the paint up, but I kept going back and forth between pure white for the rest of the room and a color called Almond Paste, a soft neutral. I decided on the Almond paste color (against Joe's warning) we put it up one night and I just couldn't warm up to it! I knew Joe wouldn't want to re-paint, for time purposes, so I spent the whole next day painting it white so that it would be done before he got home. Did I mention, I DO NOT like to paint, but it looks much better white.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my heck- Steph, it looks SO great! I don't know how you did all the work, seriously, I like to decorate-but this excludes painting, ceiling, floors...holy cow EVERYTHING you did! I love it- It really looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room looks so good. I love all of the furniture and I am glad you repainted. You were right that the blue looks better with the white. Those are cute pictures of the kids outside. Thanks for letting us come over and hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you are so TALENTED! I need you to come decorate just one room in my house!! You make it look so easy! The room looks great. I can't wait to see the rest of the place ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue, it looks so clean! It looks great, I love when you put up pictures of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks great! You do such a great job, makes me feel like mine is boring. That blue is one of my favorite colors! Can't wait to see more pictures.

    We will have to try again to get the boys together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious that you repainted yourself before Joe got home, that's totally something that I would do! I love your house, I think when I buy one, I should hire you to decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing skill you have! you have only been in your house a few months and you are already organized and designed! i am so impressed! it lookss great and way to go on your furniture hunting!!

    ReplyDelete