Friday, October 23, 2009

The Time has Come.

That's right, it is time to finalize our decisions on a few things for the house! These last few months have flown by, I guess that is what happens when you are busy taking care of kids and a husband, time goes, as my boys would say "supersonic fast". So, I have picked out the color palate and it all makes sense in my head...


The dark color with the blue-green tint is called perfect storm, doesn't that sound so dramatic! I am only going use that on one small accent wall but it actually looks quite different than the picture, I'll hang some photography on it to tone it down a bit. The color next to it is actually smoke grey... it looks blue in the picture, hmmm... something to think about. The color with the brown tone oyster shell is what I think we will use on the fire place. It is covered with stone right now...




but I want something extremely simple to replace it, so- the plan is to refinish it with a finish similar to the fireplace below:


Brad Ford Design

I am pretty darn excited about the canvas panels I got to hang on the back side of the fireplace wall, they were a steal (doesn't that alone make you fall in love with a purchase).



And this is the globe pendant light that I have a crush on for the front room...
Maybe Santa will surprise me??



It feels nice to organize the thoughts that have been floating in my head. I'll post pictures when it all comes together... which will be awhile...a long while, excited to get crackin'.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing, you have such great style. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is going to look so wonderful. I am excited for you guys to finally move in.

    ReplyDelete