Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Special People

It was this guys birthday yesterday-





And it is this guys birthday today-




How lucky am I?! I get to celebrate the two most important men in my life- two days in a row.

When Jed got out of school, I loaded up the kids and we headed south so the kids could surprise Joe with balloons at his work. The short version is Joe was at the dentist getting a crown fixed so we drove all the way down there for nothing! Well, Joe actually got a good laugh out of it so i guess it wasn't totally in vain. We hurried home and decorated, then the boys tied a string to Joe's present and weaved the string all around the house so Joe had to follow it to find his present. They were SOOO EXCITED, they waited on the porch for him to get home. He really hammed it up as he followed the string and the boys just ate it up- so cute! Jed's card to him was a picture of Joe and me with a heart in the middle because "we love each other so much".

Well Joe, (he doesn't even read this, so this is really for me) I can't imagine life with anyone else! We have so much fun together and not only am I madly in love with you.... I REALLY LIKE YOU TOO! It is funny how the things that drive me a little nuts about you are also the things that I am so attracted to. You work so hard and sacrifice so much for me to be at home with the kids and I am thankful. The kids adore you, and how much fun you are to be around, you are such a great Dad. We would have never made it this far without your sense of humor, I am so glad we can laugh at ourselves to help us through the challenges. Best of all, I love how I feel like the most important person in the world when I am with you. Happy Birthday Man!

My Mom and Dad both have Sept. birthdays so I can take a minute and brag about both of them right?- it's my blog. These two are the most selfless people... they would do anything for us! And not just us... I see them or hear about them helping others constantly. What great examples they are not only to us, but it thrills me that we live so close and the kids are able to have such great relationships with the two of them. Gage is Grandpa's little buddy, he follows him wherever he goes. He asks almost daily "where's Grandpa today, do we need to go mow lawns"? Lawn mowing is an all day event, my Dad does his, his neighbor, my Grandpa's, and who ever else is in need, and when it is not lawns it is snow blowing- year round fun for Gage. And the picture up above is my dad shoveling MY DRIVEWAY. When I was pregnant with Corinne I had complications so my dad did our driveway and took Jed and Ben to school every Tues. and Thurs. He will never know how much help that was. Grandma is so much fun, she helps SO much with the kids and she has this gift to see just how special each one of them is. I know this is one of the reasons they love to be around her so much, she makes them feel like they can do no wrong! Grandma loves them no matter what kind of a day they are having.



Grandpa and Grandma Davis' and Grandpa and Grandma Hurds' are my kids favorite places to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

  1. I love your post. It's great to remember how lucky we are. We are so lucky aren't we. We really do have the best parents. And I'm glad Joe had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Gage and dad. Gage is such a hard worker just like dad.

    ReplyDelete